the third rebirth

/ Saturday 23 June 2012 /
twenty-nine years 
twice reborn


i knew nothing of my real myself
for the first twenty-five years of my life
every time i looked at my reflection
i would see a fat kid who didn't know better
i would quip "this is as good as its gonna get"
and go on as if i didn't feel bad about myself
i was living in a world of denial
totally convinced that i was happy
then my first rebirth knocked on the door
and i welcomed it with arms wide open


i started that rebirth with a physical change
i wasn't that fat kid anymore
i knew i was in control
i knew i was getting better
on that road of my first rebirth i met someone
he showed me the world, the good and the bad
i was then again looking at my reflection
and i would quip "this is as good as its gonna get"
it was a turbulent ride, i was looking for a way out
then my second rebirth knocked on the door


it was here where i grew more to who i really was
it was here that my life started
it was here that i saw the world through my own eyes
free from anyone else's view
after some time, i looked at my reflection yet again
and i was content, and i quipped "so this is how good feels"


but as with everything in this world, nothing lasts
i am changing once again
it is something i didn't decide upon myself
life is just calling for a rebirth
and this time i know it will be the best one
life just gets better from here on out




0 comments:

Post a Comment